Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Beach, Sales, and Sleep!

My company sent me to Orlando this past week and part of the weekend. I was attending the FPEA convention which is the largest homeschooling convention in the US (15,000 attendees!). This was an eye opening experience. Each child attending seemed so driven and focused. They were so self-assured and confident while being very respectful and polite. Speaking to these kids and their parents could almost convince you that homeschooling is a viable option. That is, until you realize the amount of work and dedication that goes into forming a curriculum for these youngsters!  My company's promotion was advertising that there was a golden ticket hidden in with the free chocolate… which kept my booth full of sweet little kids! If I went into this convention wanting a little baby, I can safely say I left with full blown baby fever! J



One thing I’ve learned from my past travels is if you are travelling/dining alone be prepared with a book or iPad to pass the time. Luckily, I was able to access WiFi at my hotel’s restaurant because the wait was a little crazy for my meal…but time passes pretty quickly when you have FRIENDS and red wine J



Once I returned home… I felt like this:




So after reuniting with the hubs on Saturday we had a little date night at a local Italian restaurant. Then Sunday we were doin’ the Memorial Day usualJ sale shoppin' and beachin!!





Our Monday consisted of organizin’, readin’ my new book, movie watchin’ and pizza!

 
 

In terms of a movie review, my mama always told me if you don't have somethin' nice to say, don't say anything at all... so I will remain silent on this gem ;)

Overall I loved the sales (*post to come!*), family time and sleep!

Cheers to a new week!

gg

No comments:

Post a Comment